If you’re looking for Wordle tips and tricks, you’ve come to the right place. Today’s game is a bit more challenging than the previous pair, so a few tips might come in handy.
I am addicted to Wordle and have been playing since December 2021 so I can definitely help you solve Wordle today and improve your game for tomorrow. Read on for Wordle tips and tricks for game #608 and bookmark this page so you can easily come back tomorrow.
Oh, and if you also play Quordle, my Quordle page today also has tips and answers to that question.
SPOILER WARNING: Information about Wordle today and yesterday is below, so don’t read on if you don’t want to know the answer.
Marc is the UK Editor-in-Chief of TechRadar and has been playing Wordle for over a year. He has written dozens of articles about the game for TechRadar and its sister site Tom’s Guide, including a detailed analysis of the most common letters in each position. His streak recently hit 400 and he will be inconsolable if he loses it. Yes, he takes it all too seriously.
Word Clues (Game #608) – Hint #1 – Vowels
How many vowels does today’s Wordle have?
• Wordle has today two vowels*.
Getting two vowels in Wordle’s answer is much more likely than getting one; there are 1,336 wordle solutions containing two vowels, but only 732 have one.
*Note that by vowel we mean the five standard vowels (A, E, I, O, U), not Y (which is also sometimes counted as a vowel).
Word Clues (Game No. 608) – Hint No. 2 – First Letter
What letter does today’s Wordle start with?
• The first letter in today’s Wordle answer is c.
C is a very common initial letter in Wordle – in fact, it is the second most common of all, behind S.
Word clues (game #608) – clue #3 – repeated letters
Does today’s Wordle have any repeating letters?
• Is one repeating letter in today’s Word.
Repeating letters are quite common in the game, with 748 out of 2,309 wordle answers containing one. However, it is still more likely that Wordle NO have one.
Verbal Clues (Game #608) – Clue #4 – Ending Letter
What letter does today’s Wordle end with?
• The last letter in today’s Wordle is to me.
E is by far the most common letter ending the answer in Wordle. This is one of the reasons why many of the best starting words, including SLATE, CRANE, CRATE, and STARE, end in 1.
Verbal Clues (Game #608) – Hint #5 – Last Chance
Still looking for Wordle tips today? Don’t worry, I’ll give you another one for game #608.
- Today’s Wordle is a secret stash.
If you just want to know the answer at this stage, you can scroll down to see it, but I always recommend trying to solve it yourself first. We have lots of Wordle tips and tricks to help you, including a guide to the best Wordle starting words.
If you don’t want to know the solution, DO NOT SCROLL FURTHER BECAUSE THE ANSWER IS DIRECTLY BELOW. So don’t say you haven’t been warned!
Wordle Today (Game No. 608) – Answer
The answer to today’s Wordle Game, Game #608, is… CACHE.
It’s harder than yesterday’s MAGIC in some ways, but there’s not much to it. WordleBot claims an average score of 4, down from 3.9 yesterday, and I doubt too many people will lose their streak here.
Repeating C is by far the most complicated thing; this only happens in 29 out of 2309 Wordle games, so it’s pretty rare. The last time this happened was in CATCH in October (game #483).
Anyway, if you find that you can easily complete this word as all other letters are quite common. Overall, H isn’t particularly likely to be in position #4, but if you had that C in the middle, it would be one of only a few possible choices.
Some of the best wordle starting words were very helpful today. SLATE left 37 responses, and my own choice OLD left 45 – but if you played CRANE, CRATE, CARTE, or TRACE, you only had five to review.
Even with a green E at the end and a yellow A, I could see that there were too many options for me to have a good chance of getting 2/6. So I took what some people would consider a cowardly approach and used a word I knew couldn’t be an answer to narrow things down even further.
I wanted to find out where A was going, so I left it, but ditched the already confirmed E in favor of an extra letter. BACON seemed like a good choice, but it came out way better than I could have hoped for – it actually left me with a solid 3/6!
It’s been unbelievable luck, but hey, I’ve had a lot of bad luck lately with this game too. After confirming -AC-E, the only possible answer was CACHE, meaning I matched WordleBot’s own score today and beat the average by a full guess.
How did you do today? Send me an e-mail and let me know.
Wordle Yesterday (Game #607) – Tips
In another time zone where is it still Thursday? Don’t worry – I can also give you some Wordle #607 tips.
- Wordle had yesterday two vowels.
- The first letter in yesterday’s Wordle answer was m.
- They were no repeating letters in yesterday’s Word.
- The last letter in yesterday’s Wordle read c.
- Yesterday’s Wordle casts a spell on you.
Wordle Yesterday (Game No. 607) – Answer
The answer to yesterday’s Wordle, game #607, was… MAGIC.
It’s a gray, dull February morning here in London, and that’s a bit of a vanilla answer from Wordle too. There’s really nothing particularly noteworthy about it – it’s neither easy nor too hard, there are no repeated letters, and it definitely can’t be described as obscure. M is the middle letter that starts the wordle (ranks 10th in this respect), and C is the middle letter that ends the first (16th). G in the middle position is 12. All quite trivial.
WordleBot has some nuggets of wisdom to impart: Today’s puzzle has an average score of 3.9, 8% of people started with ADIEU and scored 3/6 itself. Of the top Wordle opening words, SLATE left 198 responses, OLD 186, and CRANE 35.
Despite this unfortunate first guess, I could have scored a 3/6 today – MAGIC was going to be my third guess until I decided to narrow down my options with BOING instead. So that was a bit annoying. But 4/6 is fine, and this puzzle is fine, and there really isn’t much else to say about it.
Wordle replies: Over 50
I’ve been playing Wordle every day for over a year now and I’ve been following all the previous answers to help you improve your game. Here are the 50 most recent solutions, starting with yesterday’s answer, or check out my previous Wordle answers page for a full list.
- Wordle #607, Thursday Feb 16: MAGIC
- Wordle #606, Wednesday Feb 15: SALSA
- Wordle #605, Tuesday Feb 14: SOUND
- Wordle #604, Monday Feb 13: USE
- Wordle #603, Sunday Feb 12: HUGE
- Wordle #602, Saturday Feb 11: DEBUG
- Wordle #601, Friday Feb 10: STRONG
- Wordle #600, Thursday Feb 9: STAGE
- Wordle #599, Wednesday Feb 8: FLAIL
- Wordle #598, Tuesday Feb 7: APPLE
- Wordle #597, Monday Feb 6: NINTH
- Wordle #596, Sunday Feb 5: DANCE
- Wordle #595, Saturday Feb 4: UNLIT
- Wordle #594, Friday Feb 3: TASTY
- Wordle #593, Thursday Feb 2: SHIRK
- Wordle #592, Wednesday Feb 1: SCOLD
- Wordle #591, Tuesday Jan 31: PASS
- Wordle #590, Monday Jan 30: DESIRE
- Wordle #589, Sunday Jan 29: SUSPICIOUS
- Wordle #588, Saturday Jan 28: FLIRT
- Wordle #587, Friday Jan 27: WORRY
- Wordle #586, Thursday Jan 26: STRONG
- Wordle #585, Wednesday Jan 25: CORN
- Wordle #584, Tuesday Jan 24: TO COUNT
- Wordle #583, Monday Jan 23: AVOID
- Wordle #582, Sunday Jan 22: FRIENDLY
- Wordle #581, Saturday Jan 21: EDITORIAL NOTE
- Wordle #580, Friday Jan 20: CHANGE
- Wordle #579, Thursday Jan 19: DIRTY
- Wordle #578, Wednesday Jan 18: CHARD
- Wordle #577, Tuesday Jan 17: ACCEPT
- Wordle #576, Monday Jan 16: OVERALL
- Wordle #575, Sunday Jan 15: SPIRE
- Wordle #574, Saturday Jan 14: KOALA
- Wordle #573, Friday Jan 13: MAN
- Wordle #572, Thursday Jan 12: JUMP
- Wordle #571, Wednesday Jan 11: SEDAN
- Wordle #570, Tuesday Jan 10: GRIMY
- Wordle #569, Monday Jan 9: FAIRY
- Wordle #568, Sunday Jan 8: OPERA
- Wordle #567, Saturday Jan 7: CITRIC
- Wordle #566, Friday Jan 6: BELIE
- Wordle #565, Thursday Jan 5: SMOOTH
- Wordle #564, Wednesday Jan 4: LAYER
- Wordle #563, Tuesday Jan 3: PRANK
- Wordle #562, Monday Jan 2: SKIRT
- Wordle #561, Sunday January 1: WHINE
- Wordle #560, Saturday December 31: MALE
- Wordle #559, Friday December 30: MOLAR
- Wordle #558, Thursday Dec 29: HAVOC
What is Wordle?
If you’re on this page, you almost certainly know what Wordle is, and you’ve probably been playing it for a while. And even if you haven’t played it yet, you’ve probably heard of it already, because it’s the viral wordplay phenomenon that took the world by storm last year and continues to go from strength to strength in 2023.
We’ve got a full guide to the game on our What’s Wordle page, but if you just want a refresher, here are the basics.
What is Wordle?
Wordle challenges you to guess a new five-letter word every day. You are given six trials, each revealing a bit more information. If one of the letters in your guess is in the answer and in the right place, it turns green. If it’s in the answer but in the wrong place, it turns yellow. And if it’s not in the response at all, it turns grey. Simple huh?
It is played online via Wordle website (opens in a new tab) or the New York Times Crossword app (iOS (opens in a new tab) / / Android (opens in a new tab)) and is completely free.
Most importantly, the answer is the same for everyone every day, which means you’re competing against the rest of the world, not just yourself or the game. The puzzle resets every day at midnight your local time, giving you a new challenge and a chance to extend your winning streak.
What are the rules of Wordle?
Wordle’s rules are fairly simple, but with a few curves thrown in just in case.
1. Letters that are in the answer and in the right place turn green.
2. Letters that are in the answer but in the wrong place turn yellow.
3. Letters that are not in the answer turn grey.
4. The answers are never plural.
5. Letters may appear more than once. So if your guess is two of one letter, both may turn yellow, both turn green, or one may turn yellow and the other green.
6. Each guess must be a correct word in Wordle’s dictionary. For example, you cannot guess ABCDE.
7. You do not have to enter the correct letters in subsequent guesses, unless you are playing in hard mode.
8. You have six guesses to solve Wordle.
9. You must complete the Daily Wordle before midnight in your time zone.
10. All answers come from a list of 2309 Wordle solutions. However…
11. Wordle will accept a wider pool of words as guesses – around 10,000 of them. For example, you can guess plurals like WORDS. This will certainly not be correct (see point 4 above), but Wordle will accept it as a guess.